[ale] MS Office new version

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 11:46:50 EDT 2008

Ah. I have OOo 2.3 and I can insert the fit curve and obtain the equation
from the status bar. As the gereation of the "pretty print" equation line is
pretty easy, I just use that equation edit -> paste  and call it done. Given
the need exceeds NeoOffice, a speed hit on OOo on the Mac may be justified.
I have Neo (ancient version) and OOo on my (ancient version) mac and OOo is
speedy enough that I don't loose interest.

Mac users are _so_ eye candy dependent ;-}

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 11:31 AM, James Sumners <james.sumners at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yes, I could go through the trouble of figuring out the equation
> myself and typing it into the plot. That's just more time I would have
> to dedicate to less important homework. Excel automatically calculates
> the regression equation and puts it into the plot as a label. OOo 2.4
> will do the same[1], but I am using NeoOffice. It takes a little while
> for NeoOffice to reach feature parity with OOo. I use NeoOffice
> because it is much faster than OOo on the Mac; plus, it is integrated
> with the native Aqua environment.
>
> 2008/4/19 Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com>:
> > You can generate the equation in the OOowriter equation editor and copy
> and
> > paste it into the chart.
>

> --
> James Sumners
> http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/
>
> "All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts
> pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it
> is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become
> drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted."
>
> Missionaria Protectiva, Text QIV (decto)
> CH:D 59

James P. Kinney III