[ale] AT&T blocking 25

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Thu Apr 17 09:23:44 EDT 2008

Brian Whigham wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 7:04 PM, Geoffrey <lists at serioustechnology.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Michael H. Warfield wrote:
>> does the
>>>       Works for me.  Just double checked it.  Maybe it's suddenly
>> overloaded?
>>
>> When I go there, I'm redirected to:
>>
>> http://support.att.net/bellsouth/asp/home.asp?UserType=dsl
>>
>> I deleted cookies and then was able to get to the original site. ;)
>>

> I went there yesterday afternoon and submitted a port 25 opt out.  The H1 on
> the page said "We're committed to making you a Very Satisfied Customer!".
> Today, I have no response to the ticket and still can't do port 25
> outbound.  Now, I get redirected to a stupid email help page.
>
> They may be listening.  But, they're not answering.

Well, it's a classic case of the left hand doesn't know what the right
hand is doing.  When I first talked to AT&T/Bellsouth about service, I
requested that they unblock port 25.  The guy put me on hold and when he
came back, he said that he'd gone 'as high as he could' but the answer
was no, they would not do it for a residential service.  Bottom line is,
they want you to pony up for the $109 business package.

I submitted mine yesterday as well.  I received an auto-ack, but figured
I'd eventually get a confirm, which I've not seen yet.  Time will tell.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin