[ale] Back up

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Wed Apr 16 19:29:36 EDT 2008

On Mon April 14 2008, Chris Fowler wrote:
> I'm back up and running with Atlantic Nexus.

likewise.

> All I had to do is change my pppoe authentication settings and reboot
> the router/firewall.
I wish it was that easy, but not for me... I spent 2 hours on the phone this
morining with a tech & he had AT&T on the line also.. no joy. And I tried 2
different dsl Westell modems, the one I had used for Bell & speedfactory, and
the one speedfactory sent me that I never used. He said they were going to
change my port, which meant a visit locally by AT&T, and he wanted to send me
another modem. I went out, and when I came back home at 5pm, my email was
flowing and internet was up. I can't seem to get my atnex.net email to work,
but that isn't a big issue.. I'll get it. One side note, they emailed
instructions on how to setup a Linksys router, and PPOE and email. So, how
was I supposed to GET the email, when I had no internet? I was able to get
online Monday, I used a friends wireless router that is wide open. All I had
to do was drive into his driveway, park, pull out laptop :)

> 770-222-4455
>
> Their lines have been busy and I suspect they are getting flooded with
> sales and support calls.

yea, the tech said they were using spreadsheets to upload escalations..
normally escalations are handled one-at-a-time..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800