[ale] Mount an ISO file?

Jason Fritcher jkf at wolfnet.org
Wed Apr 9 11:08:05 EDT 2008

On Apr 9, 2008, at 12:59 AM, Tim Watts wrote:
> Ultimately, what I'm trying to do is run the XP image that came pre-
> installed
> on the machine (a laptop) in a vmware-server. I don't have the CDs
> so I'm
> trying to figure a way install it onto the virtual disk.

If you want to migrate a live Windows image on the laptop into a VM,
VMWare has a tool called Converter that will copy the live Windows
system into a VMWare disk image and build a config file that you can
use in any of the VMWare products, including server or player.
Converter can be downloaded free of charge from VMWare's website. I
recently used this to migrate a Windows XP install from a Thinkpad to
run in VMWare Fusion on a MacBook Pro. Works brilliantly.

--
Jason Fritcher
jkf at wolfnet.org