[ale] error booting XP after dual boot install of Ubuntu 7.10

Daniel Howard dhhoward at comcast.net
Tue Apr 8 21:19:48 EDT 2008

Mike Harrison wrote:
>> Could my repartitioning of my drive during Ubuntu install have altered
>> the hd(0,0) location specified for Windows XP, and hence the GRUB loader
>
> I hope you have disks...
>
> And I have to say incredibly nice things about VirtualBox and CloneZilla.

The HP Recovery partition works fine, and I can see all the files on the
XP partition, it seems like the boot record info has been confused.

We got all the critical files off of the drive before starting (although
I've yet to find an open source alternative for M$ Money), so it's not a
crisis, but when he gets back home he may have trouble using it on his
home network and I wanted the XP partition to be preserved.

Daniel

--
Daniel Howard
President and CEO