[ale] PC broke

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Sat Sep 29 12:45:52 EDT 2007

Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Friday 28 September 2007 14:09, James P. Kinney III wrote:
>
>> Plug in a different HD and see if BIOS finds it OK. If so, drive is
>> dead. If still no joy, power supply is toasted.
>>
> power supply..
> Macron Power Model MPT-251 250W.
> is 250W enough, and where's the best place to get one...
> The only things close to me are CC & Best Buy, oh yeah, and a Radio Shack..
> Fry's & Micro & Comp are all in Gwinnett, 60 miles away..

Have you tried just unplugging the ide cable (leave the power cable
connected) and see if it boots?
Most drives, if not all, modern drives use less than 10 watts, kinda
hard to believe that would push the supply over the edge.  I would
suspect the drive first...  You mentioned a 160 gig drive, did it boot
with that one connected?

Calvin