[ale] (MS)Office viewer recommendations

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Fri Sep 28 19:10:04 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 17:15 -0400, Sean Craig wrote:
> For windows M$ actually offers free viewers for Word, Excel, and
> PowerPoint. I do like using OpenOffice.org though it is difficult to
> print handouts for presentations.

I like the OO thing of save the presentation to a web version.

Yes, printing a presentation from OO is a chore since it is designed to
be electronic to begin with. But the trick is to use landscape format
and shrink it a tad (~92%) then it fits the page nicely. Another trick
is to use the per-slide notes and those can be printed off nicely as
well.