[ale] PC broke

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Fri Sep 28 16:58:06 EDT 2007

On Friday 28 September 2007 15:19, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> > Macron Power Model MPT-251 250W.
> > is 250W enough, and where's the best place to get one...
> > The only things close to me are CC & Best Buy, oh yeah, and a Radio
> > Shack.. Fry's & Micro & Comp are all in Gwinnett, 60 miles away..
>
> 1. Move
I did, that's why I'm out here where there is plenty of peace & quiet:)

> 2. Mail order
I did.. TigerDirect:
Just-4-PC / 350SF / 350-Watt / ATX / 80mm Fan / Power Supply $29.99

> 3. 250W is OK for a small system with a single drive, less than a Xeon
> CPU and 2 GB RAM and a fanless video card. If you have a DVD burner you
> might want a 300W so you have some power cushioning under heavy load.
> Worst Buy will likely have a power supply. Radio Shack is my last choice
> for real PC hardware. ?
that's good to know, glad I got the 350 watter.. Though it only has a single
CD-rom, I might add a DVD later..
I haven't been in a Radio Shack in YEARS. and I HATE BB.

The good news is, swapping the HDs got me to remove my 160GB second drive that
has all my movie & music partitions. Now all I need to do is add it to my
main system... next week..
--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800