[ale] wireless card

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Thu Sep 27 06:45:57 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 26 September 2007 23:38, David Tomaschik wrote:
> I hate broadcom cards. ?I am wondering what makes them so hard to write
> an open driver for (or rather, to improve the driver for). ?Anyone know
> of a good source for replacement minipci cards? ?(i.e., intel). ?I'd
> love to get rid of the broadcom in my Dell.

my Dell XPS laptop ( almost 2 years old) has the Intel Pro wireless card. It
has worked with Kubuntu without much fuss.. I think it is the 2915 model.
Funnt thing, when I first got the laptop with XP on it, the wireless wouldn't
work to my new Netgear router. I had to download new firmware for the
wireless card before it would even work in Windows.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800