[ale] Best kind of ssh key

Jim Popovitch yahoo at jimpop.com
Tue Sep 25 17:49:53 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 16:03 -0400, Jeff Lightner wrote:
> My point was that people seemed to be misreading the OP.
>
> In that it does NOT say that DSA is bad in PuTTY (or Windoze).
>
> It says instead that they believe the implementation for DSA is well
> done and are simply commenting on what they see as a general reason to
> prefer RSA over DSA.
>
> I was specifically challenging what appeared to me to be a misread of
> that OP.  It seemed to imply that the OP had quoted something that said
> the opposite of what it actually said.

I think the OP was quoting something wrt RSA vs DSA, and then asking
what everyone thought.  It wasn't clearly specified if the OP wanted
only comments on RSA vs DSA, or whether comments on the weakness aspects
of either implementation were acceptable.   Given that the OP replied to
my randomness and predictability comment with "excellent point...", it's
at least clear to me that he was accepting of my comment as
contributory, rather than of the misread OP variety. ;-)

> If I express a preference for brunettes over blondes it does NOT mean I
> am saying Jessica Simpson is ugly and I'd be ashamed to be seen with
> her.

Point taken, although I'm not sure why you are telling a bunch of geeks
this.  I personally think Jessica Simpson to be clueless and
shallow.  :-)

-Jim P.