[ale] strange Ubuntu Fiesty problem.... editing text files on Desktop

Jim Popovitch yahoo at jimpop.com
Sun Sep 23 21:50:15 EDT 2007

So, I took the plunge and upgraded my Etch laptop to Feisty.  Things
went very well, except I now have a minor problem that I can't figure
out.  I use my Ubuntu Desktop like a real desktop, I keep folders of
files, text notes, etc, and interact with them all day long.  The
problem is that since I upgraded to Feisty, every time I edit a file
with vi or gedit, the Desktop moves the file icon position (on the
Desktop) to the bottom of the icons on the left hand side.  I presume
this is some sort of Desktop sorting issue... but I'm not sure how to
prevent it.   Ideas?

Thanks,

-Jim P.