[ale] Script to send email with attachments

tom tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Sun Sep 23 14:27:15 EDT 2007

Well, looking back I did imply putting about 80 attachments in the one
email. My bad. Although I might just try it to see if Yahoo will bounce
it. I know a few other services I need to send pictures through will.

What I had in mind, and apparently didn't ask clearly (sorry), was
scripting attachment of the pictures over multiple emails. This results in
some advantages. First, getting under most size limits for various email
services. Second, while I have never met the person who is to recieve the
pictures, I do know that they use Windows. I need to keep things dirt
simple to reduce the chances of confusion. Third, I'd like to have this
type ability filed away in my skill locker for use later. I get to send
multiple pictures to relatives with painfully limited computer skills on a
regular basis, and one to four picture attachments per email seems like
the least likely to cause confusion.

Still, I do like the idea of a giant tarball showing up in an email. Just
a might bit risky in this case.