[ale] It might be too late to sell your SCOX stock

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Tue Sep 18 08:35:28 EDT 2007

You missed the point of my mail.  Even if a judge orders a payment as
result of the litigation it is likely a bankruptcy court judge would
either hold such an order in abeyance or vacate it completely in order
to allow the reorganization to occur.

You're also incorrect about judge's order to pay up trumping all other
debts.  More than one person in America has had judgments against them
in court of law for unpaid bills without ever having paid the bill.
While a judge could theoretically order assets of the corporation be
seized in order to satisfy the debt in practice it almost never happens
and such an order would immediately be challenged in the bankruptcy
court which again would likely overturn it or put it on hold.

As I noted before it is unusual for two courts to get into
jurisdictional wars.   The first court would almost certainly hold that
it had dispensed justice by making its findings and judgments and
wouldn't concern itself with enforcing the actual payment in light of
the bankruptcy court's involvement.