[ale] To Dr. Dowd - Linux med. billing & scheduling software?

Howard A Story adrin at haswes.homelinux.org
Mon Sep 17 21:29:27 EDT 2007

I know it is late.    I heard http://www.misyshealthcare.com/  is going
to go open source.   I also have been trying to pay attention to the
following.

http://www.mirrormed.org
http://www.gplmedicine.org.
http://www.clear-health.com
http://www.linuxmednews.com
http://www.freemed.org
http://www.oemr.org    open emr

Most everything I can find on the web that Fred Trotter writes.   We are
in a rather quiet practice management software revolution, I think. By
that I mean the average Joe isn't aware of changes that are happening.
The standards are being pushed on doctors and the need to make every
dollar count.

And I know what you mean about cost, as I work for a company that sales
and supports software.  Just think if you have a small office that has
10 personal computers with 1 server.  Even with the life of about 5
years you are looking at a very costly expense.

By the way those are all Linux based.  Some you can even put on a
Windows server.  Just remember to get your C.A.L. for each workstation/user.