[ale] It might be too late to sell your SCOX stock

Jim Popovitch yahoo at jimpop.com
Mon Sep 17 16:19:21 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 13:39 -0400, Jeff Lightner wrote:
> Personally I can't see SCO being viable even ignoring the lawsuit mainly
> because there doesn't seem to be much reason to buy a PC compatible UNIX
> variant in a world where there are so many free *nix alternatives.

I don't recall that SCO made much money from new Unixware sales lately,
but Support and Services is another story.  Outside of Slashdot and
other Linux circles, Unixware is still a pretty respectable product, and
(last I knew) widely deployed deep inside a lot of financial services
(i.e. deep pockets) organizations.

I would count SCO down and out just yet, it's more likely this is the
eye of the storm.

-Jim P.