[ale] I386 vs 64bit

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Thu Sep 13 09:43:48 EDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 09:36:53AM -0400, Mike Harrison wrote:
> I had so many issues, mostly with Flash (which I need for work, really)
> that I gave up and went back to 32bit Ubuntu 7.04 on my laptop.
> It's hard to beat "everything just working" again.

Unless, of course, you need the extra RAM or the stuff you work with
really benefits from the extra registers of the AMD64 architechure.

I get nearly 50% more performance from my image processing workflow, for
example... and the time it takes to built toolchains is also
considerably lessened.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy        		       pizza at shaftnet dot org
Melbourne, FL                          ^^ (mail/jabber/gtalk) ^^