[ale] [OT] Google Apps for Domain + Overzealous Spam filtering?

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Wed Sep 12 13:04:29 EDT 2007

----- "Michael B. Trausch" <mike at trausch.us> wrote:
> While following today's thread on the GIMP, I noticed that I was
> missing
> various posts, including the original one.  Turns out that Google
> Apps
> (their branded e-mail for custom domains) was being rather
> overzealous
> in filtering the mail for

I don't have an answer, but I do have a question. We reviewed Google Apps for our company's email, but couldn't get past the privacy policy...in particular the fact that while your email will (hopefully) be removed upon your own delete within 60 days...there is no guarantee it will *ever* be removed from the off-line backups.

This, coupled with the fact that Google offers no extended privacy policy for paying customers (we would've been paying a pretty big price tag) made it a non-starter for us.

Where do you (and other ale'r) stand on this issue?

Thanks,
John