[ale] cleaning out /tmp

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Mon Sep 3 11:49:04 EDT 2007

Geoffrey, on 09/03/2007 11:44 AM said:
> Michael B. Trausch wrote:
>
>> Isn't this why some places simply have cron reboot their server once per
>> week or something like that?
>
> I didn't know Windows had cron... ;)

Oh, well, if we're going to talk about Windows... lol

It doesn't have cron natively, but I think you can install one version
or another of cron on it.  It also has the Microsoft Task Scheduler, IIRC.

Of course, why use either of those to reboot?  Just set the system to
emit a crash dump upon BSOD and then reboot immediately after dumping to
disk.  Should get at least regular reboots that way...  ;-)

	-- Mike

Michael B. Trausch               Internet Mail & Jabber: mike at trausch.us
Phone:  (404) 592-5746 x1                         http://www.trausch.us/
Mobile: (678) 522-7934             VoIP: 6453 at sip.trausch.us, 861384 at fwd