[ale] Anyone using "scrybe"?

Jim Philips philips_jim at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 2 21:39:10 EDT 2007

On Sunday 02 September 2007 05:49:45 pm Greg Freemyer wrote:
> Just saw the scrybe demo at u-tube.
> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u3ekzwnYxw&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fiscrybe%2Ecom
>%2Fmain%2Findex%2Ephp)
>
> Looks very interesting.
>
> Anybody here part of the beta?
>
> Is it like the gmail beta where the code seems production ready, or is
> it still too immature to really use?
>
> If useable, per the faq other ALErs could get into the beta iff we
> have an existing user share something.  Any interest?
>
> == From the faq
> How can I get a beta account?
>
> Existing Scrybe users can invite their contacts by sharing their
> Calendars, To-Do Lists and ThoughtStreams.

I've been part of the beta for awhile now. At first I used it, but it doesn't
seem any more interesting tan some of the other Web 2.0 calendar/task apps
out there like 30 Boxes and RememberTheMilk. Indeed, I would say those apps
are more interesting and adding features at a rapid rate. Scrybe doesn't seem
to have added anything new for months now. My assumption was that they were
running out of gas (or VC money, which is the same thing).

I don't see any way to invite others or I would gladly send you an invite. The
forums are regularly full of people asking how to get a beta account.