[ale] DVD ripping

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Tue Oct 30 19:37:23 EDT 2007

James Sumners wrote:
> Yes. In fact, VLC will transcode the video and audio for you. From the
> "File" menu choose "Streaming/Exporting wizard...". Then choose the
> transcode option and follow the wizard.
>
> Hanbrake is easier, though. It is also designed specifically for the
> purpose of transcoding DVDs. Of course, this is if you don't mind
> storing the DVD as a different format on your hard drive.
>
> On 10/30/07, Scott Castaline <hscast at charter.net> wrote:
>
>> I was thinking of that as I had tried I think through k3b or k9copy the
>> image, but couldn't get anywhere from there. I have downloaded the VLC
>> software sometime back, will it work using just the client?

Actually, I just got through testing it out just before reading this
reply. I did have to change the mount to mount -o loop /path to iso
/media. (of course it helps to unmount the actual DVD prior to
that,,,,oops!!!) then from VLC client I then selected the path of
/media/VIDEO_TS and bingo up came the menu to select the episodes. This
is what I wanted all along. Thankyou.....