[ale] DVD ripping

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 19:15:07 EDT 2007

Yes. In fact, VLC will transcode the video and audio for you. From the
"File" menu choose "Streaming/Exporting wizard...". Then choose the
transcode option and follow the wizard.

Hanbrake is easier, though. It is also designed specifically for the
purpose of transcoding DVDs. Of course, this is if you don't mind
storing the DVD as a different format on your hard drive.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

CH:D 59