[ale] DVD ripping

Tim Meanor timothy at meanor.net
Tue Oct 30 18:16:05 EDT 2007

You can do this:
1.  dd if=/dev/<dvd drive> of=dvdimage.iso bs=2048

2.  mount -o loopback /path/to/dvdimage.iso /media

3.  Use VLC to watch the video by pointing it to  /media/VIDEO_TS

You could always copy /media/VIDEO_TS to your harddrive first if you
prefer, though I kinda like keeping the .isos around instead.

-Tim