[ale] New Server Help

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Tue Oct 30 12:05:23 EDT 2007

Typically the application installation guide should tell you which
distros of Linux are "supported" and often will give you specific
requirements regarding packages and kernel parameters needed to run the
application.   Most commercial applications that support Linux do RedHat
Enterprise Linux and/or Suse.

So your first question would be which distro is specified by the
installation guide?

Do you require commercial support for the distro?  Application vendors
will sometimes assist you with installation of the application but will
not go very deep into it if they feel the issue is the OS - if so you'd
want commercial support.

I *think* you're asking for someone to assist you in the installation
(e.g. come to your site and do it).  If so there are people on this list
who would likely do so for a fee.