[ale] problems ripping with abcde

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Tue Oct 30 10:12:33 EDT 2007

I've ripped a number of disks with abcde, (thanks Ray).  I came to one
that produced errors at track 22.  I don't see any visible damage on the
disk.  About 1/3 the way through the track, the drive sounds like it
spins down, although the process continues.  the progress output starts
showing '+' signs and eventually goes to 'V'.  I can't find any
documentation on what these mean though.  It's obvious it's not good as
the ascii 'face' goes from it's typical :-) to :-P to :-(

Is it possible that it's simply the number of tracks on this disk that's
causing the problem?  That doesn't make sense to me.

If I try to rip any track 22 or higher, they all present errors of one
time or another.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin