[ale] 1U server question

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Wed Oct 24 11:22:30 EDT 2007

Some of the newer Dells (e.g. 1950 which is 1U) have something built in
for LAN which I *think* is for remote - we don't use it because we have
a data center KVM solution (Raritan) but maybe you can find info on
line.

Failing that the only suggestion would be:
1) KVM solution designed for IP access such as Raritan IP Reach
(consoles can be accessed via browser).
2) Some sort of remote power on/off device for when the console isn't
available for some reason.
I think there are combo solutions that include 1 and 2 but haven't
worked with any of them.