[ale] Megaupload language?

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Mon Oct 22 13:23:54 EDT 2007

Never mind, I finally figured it out.

It turns out that megaupload
1) looks at your language setting,
2) sets a cookie for Japanese by default if your language settings have
Japanese anywhere in the list (even if English is at the top), and
3) doesn't set a cookie for English if your language setting is English.

The effect is that the language setting is one way--if the page is in English,
and you put Japanese into the list, the page is in Japanese.  If you take
Japanese out of the list the page continues to come up in Japanese, because
of the cookie.  The fact that you started in English doesn't matter because
English doesn't set the cookie that Japanese sets.

My final answer was to manually edit the cookie file so the language is
English.  (I'm not actually logged in to megaupload and have no preference
setting available.)