[ale] apcupsd

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Mon Oct 15 13:16:23 EDT 2007

On Mon October 15 2007 12:52 pm, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> > /etc/defaults/apcupsd is there
>
> Check the contents of that file to see if there are some settings that
> need to be enabled in order to start the daemon. ?Also, check for any
> errors in syslog?

only thing in syslog was me starting apcupsd..
/var/log# grep apc syslog
Oct 15 11:40:24 paulandcilla apcupsd[7252]: apcupsd 3.12.4 (19 August 2006)
debian startup succeeded
Oct 15 11:40:24 paulandcilla apcupsd[7252]: NIS server startup succeeded

> WRT to the clock being off by 3 hours, this can occur if your CMOS
> battery is low or if the hardware clock is set wrong. ?Update your
> systems' date, then open a terminal and run "hwclock --systohc".
# hwclock --systohc
select() to /dev/rtc to wait for clock tick timed out
#

# ls -l /dev/rtc
crw-rw---- 1 root audio 10, 135 2007-10-15 03:16 /dev/rtc

--