[ale] Slack 12 NIC problem

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Sat Oct 13 12:46:12 EDT 2007

On Sat October 13 2007 12:20 pm, zeb wrote:
> Slackware 12.0 seems to have a problem, ?It will not recognize add-in pci
> network cards. ?I have 6 such cards. ?They all work like a charm under
> Slack 10.2 and 11.2. ?Under Slack 12, only one of them will work at ?all
> (and that for no more than 31 pings).

if it's any consolation, I have the same problem on my old Dell desktop that I
put SUSE 10.3 on. It starts the network conection, then it dies. I can
unplugg the cable, plug it back in, it starts up again... then dies.
It took about 7 or 8 restarts to get the latest updates installed.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800