[ale] multiboot strangeness

zeb n4zm at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 13 12:29:27 EDT 2007

I wrote a while back that I was having a problem multi-booting.  I was
attempting to boot Win98se, Slack 11, and Slack 12.  Win98se was fine. Slack
12 was fine.  Booting Slack 11 booted Slack 12.

I had the same problem whether I used Grub or Lilo as a boot loader.

Slack 11 is located on hdc2 and Slack 12 is located on hdc3.  (Win is located
on hda1).

I was able to resolve the problem by renaming "vmlinuz".  When is was all
done, I had "zmlinuz, ymlinuz, and xmlinuz".

Thanks for trying to help.

Zeb