[ale] laser printer

Robert Reese ale at sixit.com
Sat Oct 13 01:51:47 EDT 2007

On 10/12/2007 at 10:37 PM David Tomaschik wrote:

>An organization I'm with has two brother printers.  Both have failed in
>exactly the same way (loud squeaking sound, runs very slowly, jams
>frequently) and one won't even power on anymore.  The 2nd is currently
>being replaced under warranty.

We had a dozen HL-1440s at the mortgage company I was the IT manager at, and the only way I've seen them fail like this is from using Non-OEM and/or remanufactured cartridges and drums.  We had a few fail like that.  Once we used *real* hi-yield cartridges and drums we never had a problem again.  One secret to prevent jams in high volume uses like we had is to simply blow them out with compressed air cans.

;c)

Cheers,
Robert~

   * Microsoft is NOT a standard. *