[ale] laser printer

Jay Goodman ale at goody.homelinux.net
Fri Oct 12 16:22:37 EDT 2007

> My HP deskjet has died, and I want to replace it with a laser printer.
>
> I would like a printer that is reliable, Linux friendly, and as
> inexpensive to
> buy and maintain as possible.
>
> Recommendations and suggestions will be greatly appreciated,

I've had a wonderful experience with my Konica-Minolta 2430DL.  The
company is very linux friendly. Goto there page and all of the B&W laser,
Color Lasers, and All-in-ones boast linux friendliess, 64-bit friendly as
well.  Great customer service too.  I bought a floor model from a CompUSA
for cheap grins and one piece was damaged smearing some black print dust.
Called up K-M, and technically they said it was Comp-USA's problem b/c it
was a floor model.  Then K-M's tech guy said, "You'll get no where with
CompUSA so let me just send you the $50 replacement part at no charge."
Replaced the part and have never had a lick of trouble with it.