[ale] Gmail marking ALE as spam?

Patrick Bartkus patrckb at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 07:28:47 EDT 2007

</lurk>

I tried adding ale-bounces at ale.org to my contacts and that hasn't stopped a
few messages seeping into the spam folder.

Thanks to Greg Freemyer for the "in:spam subject:ale" search. That has
helped a lot.

I looked at the DNS entry for ale.org and I can't see a SPF record.

One of the "spam" messages had this in it's headers:

Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: 82.103.135.68 is neither permitted nor
denied by best guess record for domain of ale-bounces at ale.org) client-ip=
82.103.135.68;
domain of ale-bounces at ale.org) smtp.mail=ale-bounces at ale.org

I wonder if creating and adding the SPF record to the ale.org domain would
help?

The SPF Setup Wizard is at: http://old.openspf.org/wizard.html

For those interested learn all about SPF: Sender Policy Framework at:
http://www.openspf.org/

Patrick

<lurk>