[ale] kernel boot parameters

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Sat Oct 6 11:42:46 EDT 2007

I was looking at the NVIDIA site for HELP with my driver issue. I found this,
but I don't understand what it is asking me to do..
# If you are seeing severe stability problems and you are using a Linux 2.6
SMP kernel on a system with multiple processors (or processor cores) in
combination with more than one GPU, please search the output of `dmesg` for
the presence of the message below after the system has just been started:

    PCI: Using MMCONFIG
(yes, I found that line in my dmesg output)

If this message is present, please boot the system with the pci=nommconf
kernel parameter and check if the stability problems continue to reproduce.

# If your system is equipped with a dual-core processor, booting with the
idle=poll kernel parameter may improve reliability with some Linux kernels.
how do you boot your system and add those parameters??
basically I guess I need to add:
idle=poll
pci=nommconf

--