[ale] Is this really Ubuntu?

Steve Brown braino420 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 22:21:24 EDT 2007

On 10/4/07, Alexander Barton <abarton at mindspring.com> wrote:

> Surely I must have downloaded the beta version or something like that.
> Perhaps this is a Microsoft dirty trick?

I have noticed alot of flakiness with the edgy and feisty livecd installers.
Those two also haven't done too well for me as VMware images, with things
such as the networking and installing the vmware-tools.

As others have said, Gutsy is coming out very shortly. Just last night I did
the Dapper->Edgy->Feisty->Gutsy upgrade and the only hiccup I had was some
evms bug (sorted out by simply uninstalling evms). The next LTS release of
Ubuntu prob will be after Gutsy. Until then, Debian Etch is still fresh!

-SB