[ale] Work-arounds Re: Purely static ... 'libcrypto.a'

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Thu Oct 4 09:59:22 EDT 2007

ALErs -

No luck yet getting an openssl 'libcrypto.a' that doesn't depend on the
link-time version of 'libc-xxx.so', so I have an alternative question:

My SuSE-10.1 setup uses '/glibc-2.4-..', and my users' systems have
'glibc-2.2.5-..'. Is there a way to install -2.2.5 as well as -2.4 and
selectively link against the older library?

I still wouldn't have a static build, but my users could probably run that
binary.

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007, John Mills wrote:

> ALErs -
>
> I am building a static executable to run in several Linux hosts. Some of
> those do not share the same versions of 'libc', so I want to avoid
> runtime dependence on it.

TIA.
 - Mills