[ale] Central Meeting DATE Change(s) !!

aaron aaron at pd.org
Thu Nov 29 12:19:04 EST 2007

First --
-- A timely reminder that our ALE CENTRAL MEETING
for December, 2007 has been scheduled for the FIRST
THURSDAY of the month due to room availability at our
Emory Law School venue.
   Our "secured" presenter for December 6th is Bob
Toxen, author of "Real World Linux Security".  Details
of his topic (most likely a discussion of Snort intrusion
detection) will be posted soon.

Second --
--  As a matter of convenience for our hosts and venue
scheduling staff at Emory Law School we are considering
breaking with some entrenched, sacred traditions and
MOVING ALE CENTRAL TO THE _THIRD_ THURSDAY
of each month.
    Schedule changes are always going to present more
convenience for some and less convenience for others,
but hopefully "Day of the Week" issues are more of a
concern for ALE members than "Week of the Month".
If there are any major objections, please reply here
promptly. We will also present this proposal for discussion
at the December 6th Central meeting and finalize a
decision at that time.
   Since the ALE NW and ALE NE meetings are not
currently active there is no conflict within ALE and
the NE/NW organizers will be free to schedule their
preferred monthly meeting day as those meetings
return.  It is also our understanding that moving to
the Third Thursday may reduce conflicts with some
other Atlanta Area Open Source user groups.  Only
other known issue is that we'll need to shift the
meeting week _every_ November instead of
 _most every_ December.

Thanks for your attention and continued participation
in the amalgamated anarchy of ALE!  :-)

peace
aaron
[Arbitrarily Appointed] ALE Event Coordinator