[ale] blocked domains

Bob Toxen transam at verysecurelinux.com
Tue Nov 27 13:39:58 EST 2007

If I cannot reach a site, I always run multiple traceroute commands from
different systems (preferably in widely separate geographic locations).
If you had done that, it would have been obvous that HellSouth had been
blocking your system.

One time I did this, I discovered that a major hub in NYC was down.

(I apologize that my mind was too focused on a matter before to respond
to your previous posts.)

Bob Toxen
http://www.verysecurelinux.com        [Network&Linux/Unix security consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My book:"Real World Linux Security 2/e"]