[ale] macbook and linux

Vernard Martin vernard at venger.net
Sat Nov 24 12:42:19 EST 2007

> Okay, I'm game.  I've been looking at the Dell laptops as well, but I
> don't see anywhere on their website that suggests they will sell you
> one without the Microsoft virus.  Pointers?
And you won't find it advertised but its there. Rumor has it that part
of the deal that Dell has with Microsoft is that they must sell their
machines with an operating system (although not necessarily Windows) and
they cannot advertise any other operating system other than windows.

So the "N-series" is Dell's machines that are sold without any other OS
but FreeDOS. The URL is
http://www.dell.com/nseries

There is an entry on wikipedia about them as well.

More info can be found at http://linux.dell.com