[ale] macbook and linux

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Fri Nov 23 11:55:29 EST 2007

Geoffrey wrote:
> Has anyone attempted to dual boot any of the new macbooks with Linux and
> OSX?  I'm looking at a new laptop and I'd rather give my money to Apple,
> then pay Dell for the Microsoft tax.

The newest Macbook and Macbook Pros are based on Intel's Santa Rosa
platform. This is the same as my Inspiron 1420N (which you can buy
without paying the Microsoft tax) and is now well supported by Linux.
The only complication I know of is that Apple ditched Intel's wireless
for Broadcom's BCM4328, which isn't supported on Linux except through
ndiswrapper.

-Brian