[ale] Craig's list scammer and StarTrek

Daniel Howard dhhoward at comcast.net
Sat Nov 17 07:32:37 EST 2007

Yes, it's definitely a scammer, and I've had one recently that is much
more subtle: a prospective buyer asked to come see the furniture with
his wife before committing to purchase.  I said fine, I'll arrange to
move the furniture to a public parking lot for viewing, and suddenly
cricket, cricket, cricket... I'm guessing this one was hoping to see the
house where an antique piece was held in order to scout it out for a
future heist.  I've now had two friends whose homes were vandalized
after service workers came to the house (one of which was a cable
contractor), so watch out for service workers as well.  When I had my HD
Settop box installed, I made sure the techs saw the cameras all around
the outside my house and told them, "smile, you're on the Internet," and
so far, knock on wood, no problems.

As for Star Trek, it was fantastic, my wife loved it, and yes, we've
known for some time the connection with Forbidden Planet.  The doctor,
first officer and captain are also the primary characters going to the
planet in FP, plus Talos IV *is* a forbidden planet!

My favorite part that I forgot about was, in addition to Spock showing
emotion in smiling at the blue foliage, after the beam down scene when
only the women beam down, Spock jumps with his legs and arms spread out
and screams "The Women!!!"  Totally uncharacteristic of him, and
hilarious as a result.

But the new digital FX of the ship and space scenes are AWESOME!  Check
out some of the remastered episodes on TVLand early in the morning to
see them, even in standard def, they're great.

Best,
Daniel

--
Daniel Howard