[ale] aptitude upgrade deprecated?

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Fri Nov 16 07:37:35 EST 2007

what does this mean?

# aptitude upgrade
W: The "upgrade" command is deprecated; use "safe-upgrade" instead.

I read the man page, but I'm not sure I understand the difference, or
specifically in MY case what it should/shouldn't do..
here is the entire text:

# aptitude upgrade
W: The "upgrade" command is deprecated; use "safe-upgrade" instead.
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
Building tag database... Done
  eject libfaac0 libperl5.8 libpurple-bin libpurple0 perl perl-base
  perl-modules pidgin pidgin-data
The following packages are RECOMMENDED but will NOT be installed:
  perl-doc
10 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 16.5MB of archives. After unpacking 25.6kB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?]

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800