[ale] RE: Latency issues on DSL

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Sat Nov 10 10:36:49 EST 2007

Greg Canter wrote:
> Perhaps it is time to move on.  Atlantic Nexus, SpeakEasy, Comcast business
> (I heard it is only $10 more then residential), are the only choices I have
> seen.  BellSouth blocks smtp.  To me the requirements are (in no particular
> order) :

I can't believe that SpeakEasy dsl is not available in my area.
According to their website I can get a T1 or isdn from them.

I abhor Comcast and Bellsouth.  Both act like the monopoly they are.  As
Clark Howard says, Customer NO-service in both cases.  I find the
arrogance of both disgusting.

> - static IP
> - consistent performance
> - 5 or so email accounts
> - service
> - price
> - can I run servers on it ?
> - I don't want any blocking of any type - just a pipe please

Here here.

> I live in Cumming, GA.
> 2 wks ago dial up was faster then what I am supposed to be getting (1.5M
> down). That's sad.

I spoke to one of the folks at Speedfactory last night as I had the same
issues again.  He claimed it was an upstream provider issue and they
were narrowing in on the cause.  No ETA though. :(