[ale] Latency on my DSL line

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Nov 7 22:18:15 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 21:15 -0500, Sean Kilpatrick wrote:

> So far I have had no troubles with Speakeasy.net.  Every time I have
> called for tech support I have gotten someone who is technically savvy,
> understands standard commands, and is willing and able to
> do what it takes to fix the problem if he can without having to get
> permission from someone further along the food chain.  Hate to sound
> snarky, but Speakeasy's techs all speak English as a first language.
> Their service has been like Mindspring's was 15 years ago, before
> Earthlink bought them out and the service went to Bangalore and then
> to Manila.
>
> Sean

I sent a hearty second for Speakeasy as well. They now have a 15Mbps
speed with 1Mbps up. I can't get the 15 but I can get the 10 at my
place. Upgrading tomorrow.

In 3+ years with speakeasy the outages have been nearly non-existant. Of
the 3 I have had, 1 was a faulty connection at the pole after a storm
(BellSouth problem), one was a blown-up router in their Atlanta NOC
(They actually CALLED me to let me know of the failure and a time
estimate for returned service - they beat the time estimate by 50%), the
third time was a service outage caused by a BellSouth POTS head who
disconnected my Naked-DSL line since it didn't have dial tone.
--
James P. Kinney III
CEO & Director of Engineering

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>