[ale] Linux server with Dlink DSM-520T

Ned Williams nedj10 at gmail.com
Wed May 30 14:10:48 EDT 2007

Greetings Ale'ers after much debate I have just picked up the Dlink 520 HD
media lounge, The only downside I can find is that the server side
application is only available for  M$ wind0ze, and its a foreground app
only. So does anyone know of a Linux daemon or setup that would work with
this. My plan all along has been to stash my MythTv box in my office where I
cannot hear its fans drives and other PC noises which I would much rather
NOT try to silence with some over priced HTPC enclosure and via either
100Mbit or 8.0211g connect it the media lounge which looks alot better under
my 32inch LCD. With the Myth plugged into ATSC OTA HD as well as a directv
feed + ir blaster(SDTV) I could then stream/store all the media on the Myth
box I just need to get it servable to the media lounge.

Thanks
Ned Williams