[ale] target="_blank"

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Mon May 21 17:03:31 EDT 2007

I concur with the previous reply. I'm also a little surprised that
Firefox opens a new tab when the target is "_blank" instead of a new
window. It must be treating named links, which `target="new_window"`,
differently than unnamed links (`target="_blank"`).

Considering the situation you describe, I would suggest using the
target attribute with its designed purpose -- frames. See
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/present/frames.html#h-16.3 for more
information. Frames are god awful ugly, but they fix your problem much
easier than other solutions (e.g. asynchronous javascript).

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

CH:D 59