[ale] remote access to Windows box

Scott McDonald twopeanuts at gmail.com
Fri May 18 16:43:26 EDT 2007

logmein.com

One of the problems you may run into is your parents fiddling with
stuff, and breaking anything you have allowed as far as custom windows
firewall ports to get RDP or VNC etc... working.   What I'd do is
install logmein.com on their computer (free for a personal use
etc...), and then as long as their computer can get out to the
internet you will be able to get back in to fix problems.

Also comes in handy if you work somewhere that doesn't allow VPN  in -
 not too many people block https out to the internet...