[ale] OT: The happy in Happy Meals

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Thu May 17 09:49:49 EDT 2007

This all reminds me a of line from the Harvard Lampoon Parody "Bored of
the Rings".

It went something like "...as the eaten half of his [something]burger
tried to repatriate itself with the uneaten half"

That was the most perfect description of nausea literature has ever
produced.

The talk about roaches in tuna reminded me of a previous life where I
did purchasing for a hotel and was aghast to find tiny white worms in a
shipment of fish only to have the vendor and the chef tell me "that's
normal".   It was a long while before I ate fish again and may be the
reason why I've never developed a taste for uncooked fish like sushi.

But as they say "a little extra protein never hurt anyone".   (I guess
that's not as true since the advent of Mad Cow disease and its human
equivalent.)