[ale] OT: The happy in Happy Meals

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Thu May 17 09:15:42 EDT 2007

Alex LeDonne wrote:

> I knew today I wouldn't have much time for lunch... Happily, that's no
> longer an impediment, as I shall have no appetite for lunch either.

Well, since you're not going to eat lunch anyway...

Years ago, I was working 3rd shift in a data center so as to finish up
my education during the day (for some reason, they only offered the 400
level Physics classes during the day).  I would take cereal for my meal
as I would eat around 4am.  One morning, I had just taken a good number
of bites out of my bowl of cereal when my eye caught some movement.
Glancing down, I noted there were a number of maggets wiggling around in
my bowl amongst the cereal flakes.

I didn't eat cereal for years after that incident...

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin