[ale] Good cheap ATL-based colo facilities?

Jim Popovitch yahoo at jimpop.com
Wed May 16 14:45:57 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 14:16 -0400, Bob Toxen wrote:
> Can people recommend some good, cheap ATL-based colo facilities,
> including pricing?  We're looking for a dedicated single Linux box that
> the Colo facility will provide with Linux loaded on it.  Prefer Fedora
> or Red Hat Enterprise.

First, I have no benefit by saying this, my words are based on customer
experience alone.

I've leased several boxes from CyberWurx for about a year now, and I
have been very happy.  Great network, great throughput, top-notch
support... AND excellent powergrid (zero outages in 1 year).   Why does
the power-grid matter you might ask.... because at my former co-lo, had
UPSes and generators, but I lost power at least 4 or 5 times a year...
hard power loss.

CyberWurx's data center is located at 56 Marietta (formerly Telx telcom
tower) and sits on the same power grid as Grady and the old Fed Reserve
bank.  The upstream is GlobalCompass.  CyberWurx network engineers are
former Exodus engineers.   They also has rack space available in 55
Marietta, with much fiber between the two buildings, but 55 Marietta is
on a different power grid than 56 Marietta <- You've been warned.  56
Marietta is a carrier hotel with interconnects to pretty much
everyone... including Internet2.

-Jim P.