[ale] What do y'all think about Microsoft's new war?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon May 14 15:52:52 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 13:39 -0400, Michael B. Trausch wrote:

> They're claiming that "the Linux kernel ... violates 42 Microsoft
> patents", "Linux [GUIs violate] another 65", "[OpenOffice.org] ...
> infringes 45 more", "E-mail programs infringe 15", and "other assorted
> FOSS programs allegedly transgress 68".
>
> Is anyone else getting really sick of this crap?

I don't give half a rats a$$ about software patents and I'm real close
to deciding that patents in general are a very bad idea for humanity.
Only a bunch of stuff shirt twits like the Brits could have come up with
a more intrusive concept than the patent.

If Fred Inventor wants to keep his "Intellectual Property" he better
keep his thoughts to himself. If I hear about it and think I have an
improvement, I'll publish it.

It sort of how humanity got from tree-swingers to city dwellers. You
don't beat someone up because they learn from the lessons of others.

If the Beast of Redmond thinks they can have any positive impact by
rattling lawsuit sabers they need to be cognizant of the double-edged
sword they are playing with. The only territory they have left as a near
total monopoly and allowed by the local policy makers are USA and UK.

The keepers of the Intellectual Property mindset.

--
James P. Kinney III
CEO & Director of Engineering

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>